Elliott was admitted to practice in 2017 following the completion of a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commence (majoring in International Trade) with distinction at Deakin University in 2015 where he was a recognised on the Dean’s Merit List in acknowledgement of outstanding academic achievement by being in the top 3% of undergraduates.
Elliott’s approach to the law is advise clients without the need for “legal speak” as well as understanding that the practicalities of the world we live in do not always gel with the strict approach of the law. He appreciates that some clients prefer a more laid-back method to feel at ease but also understands that each client is different and therefore a tailored experience for each client is the best approach to achieving each client’s outcome.
With a strong connection to the Surf Coast Elliott is on the board of Surfing Victoria and also a committee member for governance for the Torquay Boardriders Club.
His recent most notable achievements include:
- Assisting a client with the successful purchase of a medical practice business in NSW.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement between two international businesses in order to avoid court action.
- Recouping extensive arrears on behalf of a commercial landlord.
Elliott’s areas of expertise include:
- Purchase and sale of business with a focus on the hospitality and accommodation sector including businesses in NSW
- Commercial and retail leasing including disputes
- Drafting commercial agreements such as shareholders agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Commercial advice
- Franchise agreement advice
- Residential and commercial conveyancing
- Non-dutiable and dutiable transfers of land such as spousal transfers and SMSF transfers
- Loan agreements
- Deeds of variation of trust
- Liquor licence transfers
- General disputes